I just don't get the logic. Why in the world would someone pic fixing up these piece of **** schools instead of having brand new ones for the same price?
Yep, it is true, and if you ever worked there, or know someone who was hired by Eastman before the split from Kodak, you would know it is true as they taught that in their orientation classes. At least they did when I started there years ago. I hated that place, quit and joined the army BTW.
I just don't get the logic. Why in the world would someone pic fixing up these piece of **** schools instead of having brand new ones for the same price?
I look for Perry to backlash and propose to close Pound, Appy, and St. Paul (Maybe) and bus them to JJK, PV, and Coe maybe by next year.
Glad to see the few people who love these schools so much that they would ruin the future of this area so they can see a pile of bricks keep eroding.
crack is whack
With all the controversy that has occurred with this situation I really see the SB making a statement and combining the smaller schools into the larger ones. Budget wise we wouls save money by closing the smaller schools and it would about force the BOS to put up some money for new schools after a year or two of the smaller schools attending the larger ones.
I did do my research, Carl Snodgrass can tell you why we lost N-G, the headlines when they came to vist 3-4 years ago there was headline about our refusal to consolidate for better schools. I was throwing out the Eastman story to show nothing had changed for SWVA in attracting a industry like that in the 80 odd years since that happened. I also believe that the story is in a book called "The Model City" about Kingsport, which came out around 1988. I don't drink his kool aid because we used to have many healthy debates in school and later when he was still helping coach.
This!
I think this will be the good that comes from the BOS' vote. If the SB follows through with their threat, the small schools will be closed down starting next year. This should all but force the BOS to come through with a plan of action within the next 5 years to build new schools. As someone mentioned, the opponents of new schools will have all but left. Either they will have lost their fire to fight since their kid will be at the moved school, or they'll have moved off to some other county. Without much opposition, the BOS should be able to build new schools for the Wise and BSG areas.
And then, my kids will get to attend new high schools. At least, that is my hope!
When is the next SB meeting?
SB meeting is monday night. The next BOS meeting is in March.
Where's it at tonight? Thinking about finally going.
Bookmarks